Summary of general meeting
6 APR 2018 | BY NIKKI WILESMITH
Thanks to those that attended our committee meeting tonight. Some things to come out of that meeting include:
1. Tumbarumba-Batlow Minor League has been investigated by the NSW Office of Sport for a potential breach of the ‘Active Kids Voucher’ regulations. This investigation followed a report from someone within our club or with access to our clubs information, as information presented to us was in the form of a screen shot taken from our clubs Facebook page. I am pleased to say there was no consequence of this investigation on our club in 2018. However, in 2019, it would be incumbent on any incoming committee to check with the NSW Office of Sport if a proposed fee structure was in keeping with the guidelines of the ‘Active Kids Voucher’ program. The NSW Office of Sport have asked that I provide all club members with details of the cost involved, per player, with running our club. I will do this in the coming days.
2. The 2018 draw for the Group 9 Southern Pool is yet to be confirmed. There is a draft draw out, but experience tells us not to put this out as this stage as it is subject to change and contradictory draws can lead to confusion. We would hope to have a draw out later this week, but we are in the hands of the Group 9 committee on that front. We are aware that other clubs have put this draft draw on their website/Facebook page. We won’t be doing this. All members will have a copy of the draw within 24 hours of it being confirmed. Please assume at this stage the first game will be a home game at Tumbarumba. This will only change if the final, Group 9, Southern Pool draw changes.
3. Our club will be supporting a ‘Women in League’ round. Dates and details to be confirmed.
4. There will be a working bee on Thursday, 12/4 or Friday 13/4 at the Showground to set up goal posts and get our lines marked for the 2018 season. If you can help, please contact Brett White, Craig Webb or myself.
5. Huge thanks to ‘The Bush Chemist’ who gave a significant donation of first aid kits and drink bottles to our club earlier today.
6. If your child is a first year player to our club, please provide your child’s birth certificate to our Registrar, Vanessa Chaffey. This is a NRL requirement. Please don’t make Vanessa contact you privately. She will be at training this Friday, so please see her with this documentation if you haven’t already and your child falls into the ‘first year’ category.
7. Could all volunteers, including coaches, managers, ground managers, first aid officers, please hand their Working with Children Checks to a member of the committee. Again, these are a mandatory requirement.
8. Our Ground Mangers course date is yet to be confirmed, but it looks like being at 4.30pm on 27/4 at the Pioneer Hall. I will confirm as soon as I know.